Thursday, October 14, 2010

Special Visit & A Mohawk!

We had a special visit yesterday morning from my sweet Aunt Joanna.

She was in town for market and stopped by to see us.  She came bearing gifts, too!  She brought Hannah a cute little mirror with animals to hang in her crib, and she brought me a bracelet that Hannah can use as a teether. What a great idea! Here's a photo of it:

And the Mohawk? Well, Hannah's hairdo is beginning to look more and more like a stylish mohawk!  ha!  She has been losing some hair on the sides of her head, but still has a good amount right on top.  Here's a couple of pictures of the little cutie.

She is stylin'.

I tried a new recipe for dessert last night.  I found similar ones online, and thought I'd try it out since we had all of the ingredients.  I modified mine a bit, but it's super easy and quick to make.  It's a good fall cake AND its low in fat!  :)  Well, unless you add cream cheese frosting like I did.  :)

Pumpkin Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
 Spice Cake Mix (I used Duncan Hines because it was on sale for $1 at Kroger plus I had a coupon! Score)
1 can Pumpkin (I didn't have a whole can due to using some in another recipe, so I added some applesauce)
2 eggs (I used 2/3 cup of egg beaters - this will make the cake a bit denser, but it's still delish)
1 container Cream Cheese Frosting (again, I used Duncan Hines due to my coupon)
Cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray two 8x8's or one 13x9 pan.  Mix cake mix, pumpkin and eggs at medium speed until blended then mix on high for two minutes.  Spread into pans.  Bake for 20-30 minutes (depending on pan size) or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.

Let cake cool in pan for 15 minutes on a wire rack.  Then remove cake from pans to cool completely on the wire rack.

Mix cream cheese frosting and cinnamon (to taste).  Place cake on serving dish and frost (I used two 8x8 pans so I stacked the cakes and placed a thin layer of frosting in between them).  

Enjoy with a glass of milk or cup of coffee!

Let me know if you have any favorite fall recipes!  I'm always looking for new recipes to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment